The Rules and Regulations of The First National Stanisław Jopek Vocal Competition
The Tadeusz Sygietyński National Folk and Dance Ensemble Mazowsze announces that the Competition will be held according to the following rules and regulations:
For the purpose of these regulations, the term:
- Organizer – refers to The Tadeusz Sygietyński National Folk Song and Dance Ensemble Mazowsze at Karolin.
- Competition – refers to the first edition of The National Stanisław Jopek Vocal Competition.
- Local partner – refers to an entity that organizes auditions of the first stage of the Competition in a given region.
- Regulations – refers to the Rules and Regulations of the Competition.
- Participant – refers to a person who has entered the competition in accordance with the Regulations.
- Jury – refers to the Jury appointed by the Organizers in accordance with the Regulations, for the assessment of the participants' performances.
- Artistic Director of the Competition – refers to Jacek Boniecki, the director of Mazowsze.
- Competition Office – refers to the designated employees of Mazowsze.
Competition Organizer and Artistic Director
- The Tadeusz Sygietyński National Folk Song and Dance Ensemble Mazowsze at Karolin is the Organizer of the Competition.
- The Competition is organized in co-operation with sixteen local partners, as listed in Annex no. 1.
- Jacek Boniecki, the director of Mazowsze, is the Artistic Director of the Competition.
Subject of the Competition
- The subject of the Competition is performing the chosen songs from the repertoire of The Tadeusz Sygietyński National Folk Song and Dance Ensemble Mazowsze at Karolin.
- The Competition repertoire is listed in Annex no. 2 and on the Mazowsze website www.mazowsze.waw.pl under the tab KONKURS.
Competition Participants and Application
- Persons who fulfill the following rules can participate in the Competition:
a. their application is properly filed prior to the closing date for entries;
b. they fall into one of the following age categories:
1. Age category 9-14 years old;
2. Age category 15-19 years old;
3. Age category 20-25 years old;
4. Age category 26+ years old.
- The participants' age is determined according to their year of birth.
- To be able to participate in the Competition, the participants must apply by sending the completed and signed application form by mail or its scanned copy via e-mail to the chosen local partner. All local partners, with their contact information, are listed in Annex no. 1. The closing date for entries is September 16, 2019 (in the case of mail, by postmark date).
- The Organizer appoints two panels of judges, subject to paragraph 2. The first panel shall be in session during the first stage of the Competition. The second panel is appointed for the purpose of the second stage of the Competition.
- For the first stage of the Competition, each local partner appoints three out of five members of the Jury. They should be artists in the field of music. Each Jury is completed with two judges designated by Mazowsze.
- Representatives of any entity that financially supports the Competition (sponsors), or any entity that funds any additional awards for the participants of the Competition, may not be members of the Jury at either of the two stages of the Competition.
- During the first stage of the Competition, the Jury shall award the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes, as well as an honorable mention in each of the four age categories. The winners of each age category will be qualified for the second stage of the Competition. After the second stage auditions, the Jury shall choose the participants who will be awarded prizes and mentions, in compliance with the Regulations.
- All the decisions announced by the Jury are final, and are not subject to appeal.
- The first stage – auditions at venues designated by the local partners.
- The second stage – auditions at the Organizer's headquarters at Karolin in Otrębusy, for the participants qualified after the first stage of the Competition.
- The Final Gala Concert with the participation of the prizewinners and Mazowsze's choir, ballet, and orchestra.
The First Stage of the Competition
- The auditions of the first stage will take place in the sixteen provinces of Poland, at venues and on the dates listed in Annex no. 1.
- For the purpose of the first stage of the Competition, the participants are required to choose and prepare two songs. The failure to do so disqualifies the participant from participating in the Competition.
- In the first stage of the Competition, the participants present one of the chosen songs in front of the Jury. Participants may perform a capella or accompanied by a musician or band. Participants are also allowed to sing with an audio accompaniment, pre-recorded on a CD or other media. The participant is required to provide information about the accompaniment and/or the necessary sound amplification equipment in the application form.
- The Jury will decide which of the chosen songs will be sung by the participant. If the Jury considers it appropriate, the participant may be asked to present the other composition as well.
- The Jury's decision shall be announced after the auditions, and it will be published on the local partners' websites, as well as the website of the Organizer of the Competition – www.mazowsze.waw.pl, under the tab KONKURS.
- The Jury shall award the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes, as well as an honorable mention in each of the four age categories. The winners of each age category will be qualified for the second stage of the Competition.
- Travel and accommodation expenses, and any other costs connected with the participation in the first stage of the Competition, are to be covered in full by the participants.
The Second Stage of the Competition
- The winners of the first stage of the Competition in each age category, in all sixteen provinces of Poland, will be eligible to participate in the second stage of the Competition.
- The second stage of the Competition will consist of:
a. competition auditions that will take place on October 23, 2019, for age categories 3 and 4, and on October 24, 2019, for age categories 1 and 2;
b. artistic workshops and rehearsals for the Final Gala Concert, on October 25, 2019;
c. the Final Gala Concert with the participation of Mazowsze's choir, ballet, and orchestra, combined with the awards ceremony, on October 26, 2019, in Mazowsze's Performance Hall in Otrębusy.
- During the second stage of the Competition, the participants shall be accompanied by a pianist designated by the Organizer.
- After the auditions of the second stage of the Competition, the Jury appointed by the Organizer shall announce the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners, and will award these prizes in compliance with the Regulations. The Jury may also award honorable mentions and make decisions as to other prizes, as listed in section 8 of the Regulations.
- Twelve prizewinners – three from each of the age categories – are obliged to participate in the Award Ceremony and the Final Gala Concert.
- The Jury may decide on a different number of prizewinners to perform in the Final Gala Concert.
- In the second stage of the Competition, the Organizer shall refund the travel expenses for the participants (on the basis of retained travel tickets). The Organizer will also provide free board and lodging for the participants. The guardians of the underage participants will also have free board and lodging provided, as well as a refund of their travel expenses. The Organizer is not financially responsible for the participants for any other expenses, and is not under obligation to provide any further financial support.
- During the second stage of the Competition, participants must have health and accident insurance.
- The Organizer establishes the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cash prizes for the winners of the second stage of the Competition:
a. 1st prize – 6,000 PLN
b. 2nd prize – 4,000 PLN
c. 3rd prize – 2,000 PLN
Prize amounts listed are prior to tax.
- Prize amounts given will exclude taxes which will be deducted from the gross amount.
- The prizewinners of the second stage of the Competition will participate in artistic workshops and the rehearsal for the Final Gala Concert with Mazowsze's choir, ballet, and orchestra, which will take place on October 25, 2019.
- For chosen winners of the Competition, the Organizer of the Competition provides the possibility of a three-month practice with a possibility of future employment in the Tadeusz Sygietyński National Folk Song and Dance Ensemble Mazowsze.
- The Audience Award shall be given in the second stage of the Competition. The winner shall be determined in the audience poll during the Final Gala Concert.
- Local partners, sponsors, or other entities may award additional cash or non-cash prizes, either at their own discretion, or in co-operation with the Organizers.
- The responsibility for any funded, promised, or otherwise announced additional prizes lies with the persons or entities who agreed to fund them. The Organizer does not hold any responsibility for a failure to obtain additional prizes from other entities.
- The above paragraph does not apply in the case of additional prizes funded by entities which have a written agreement with the Organizers, which pertains to given awards, and which are listed in the Annex. In the case of such prizes, if necessary, the Organizer is obliged to offer the participants help with obtaining the awarded prizes.
Unpaid Performance of Duties and the Transfer of Copyright
- The participants who apply for the Competition, especially the participants in the second stage of the Competition, are obliged to perform all duties connected with the Competition, in compliance with the Regulations, without payment. They are obliged to perform in the Final Gala Concert without payment.
- Upon entering the Competition, the participants transfer all their rights connected with their artistic performance during all Competition stages onto the Organizer, without payment. Also without payment, they grant the Organizer exclusive rights in all regards for purposes of dissemination and distribution, available from the moment of the participants' entry into the Competition, in part or in full, for any purpose in any way, without territorial restrictions, and in particular:
a. in terms of recording and reproduction of artistic presentations in every available technique;
b. in terms of production and marketing in any available form, including the sale, rental, or lease of copies on which the artistic performance is recorded;
c. in terms of distribution of the artistic performance in any other possible way, including recording and distribution either for profit or not for profit, of the Competition performances on the Internet (including social media sites), on the radio, and on television.
- Additionally, the participants agree for their performances (including their personal image) to be photographed, filmed, and recorded, as well as for thus-recorded material to be published in ways stated by the Organizer, in particular to be published in mass media and on the Internet, including websites run by the Organizer.
Sponsors and Media Patrons
- The Competition will be promoted by the Organizer, the local partners, and the media patrons.
- Sponsors have a right to fund prizes and awards not listed in the Regulations. The subject and/or the amount of prizes shall be stated in separate agreements with the Organizer, the second stage audition protocol of the Jury, or in any other way accepted by the Organizer.
Privacy Law Information
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR) we state as follows:
- The controller of the Competition participants' personal data is The Tadeusz Sygietyński National Folk Song and Dance Ensemble Mazowsze at Karolin, with headquarters in Otrębusy, Poland, 05-805, ul. Świerkowa 2, hereinafter referred to as the controller. The controller performs processing operations on the participants' personal data.
- In any matter relating to the processing of personal data, the controller can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Competition participants' personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
a. the purpose of processing: the organization of the Competition and the awarding of the participants (legal basis: art. 6 (1)(a) of GDPR – the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes);
b. the purpose of processing: information and promotion through publishing the Competition winners' personal data on the website (legal basis: art. 6 (1)(f) of GDPR – processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller);
c. the purpose of processing: information and promotion through publishing performances on websites, social networking sites, and in the media (legal basis: art. 6 (1)(a) of GDPR – the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes);
d. the purpose of processing: storage and documentary evidence (legal basis: art. 6 (1)(f) of GDPR – processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller, that is safeguarding for the event of a legal need for demonstrating facts);
e. the purpose of processing – the establishment of, investigation of, or defense against claims (legal basis: art. 6 (1)(f) of GDPR – processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller).
- The Competition participants' personal data will be stored until the expiration of the limitation period for possible claims, or alternatively, until the expiration of the obligation of data storage under the regulation of law, whichever comes later. In the case of the data obtained on the basis of art. 6 (1)(a) of GDPR, that is the data subject's consent, the Competition participants' data will be processed until the consent is withdrawn, restricted or in any other way limited by the Competition participants, or until the announcement of the winners and the awarding of prizes.
- The participants' personal data will be shared with the local partners listed in Annex no. 1, and it may also be shared with sponsors and media patrons, the list of which will be published on the Competition webpage.
- Any participant of the Competition has a right to demand the following from the controller:
a. access to his or her personal data;
b. modification of his or her personal data;
c. removal of his or her personal data;
d. restriction of processing of his or her personal data;
e. lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority;
f. data portability;
g. withdrawal of his or her consent for processing of data at any moment. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing done prior to the withdrawal. It will, however, preclude the participant from further participation in the Competition.
h. objection against the processing of his or her personal data – in the case where data processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller, or in the situation when processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests carried out by the controller or a third party.
In order to exercise the above-mentioned rights, the participant should contact the controller at email@example.com
- The Competition participants' personal data is not subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.
- These Regulations shall become effective on the day when they are signed by the Organizer, and published on its website.
- In the case of factors that lie outside of the Organizer's control, the Organizer reserves the right to modify these Regulations, including changing of the dates and venues where the Competition takes place. At the same time, the Organizer is obliged to inform the participants of any changes made to these Regulations, well in advance, either in an announcement on websites, or in any other way.
- The Organizer is not responsible for any personal injuries or damages to property, or any harm to the participants of the Competition in the course of the Competition's organization, with the exception of injuries, damages, or harm incurred as a result of a deliberate action by the Organizer or people it is responsible for.
- These Regulations and all of the participants' rights and obligations that arise from them shall pertain only to the first edition of the Competition, which takes place in 2019.
- In all matters pertaining to the Competition, participants acknowledge and agree that only Polish law shall be applicable, excluding any foreign laws. Participants agree that disputes arising between the participants and the Organizer shall be resolved by way of arbitration. Only in the case where it is not feasible, disputes shall be resolved under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Polish courts, excluding the jurisdiction of the courts in any other country.
This is a good-faith translation of these Polish regulations into the English language. However, in the event of any dispute or disagreement, the text of the Polish contract is binding, whereas this text is only an approximation.